The fundamental goal of Lakewood Park is to provide a Christian education to our students and a Christ-like model to the community. In light of our goals, lifestyle is an important consideration. Our students and staff are considered to be representatives of the school twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. At times, school consequences will be applied to behavior that occurs away from the school and outside of school time. If a child begins to live an unbiblical lifestyle, the school reserves the right to remove the student.
Students must adhere to the following behavior expectations:
- Be punctual (in class and seated when the bell rings).
- Be prepared (come to class with technology device, notebooks, textbooks, a writing instrument and assignments).
- Participate (take notes, be involved in discussion, respond when called upon).
- Have proper posture (avoid putting feet on desks or chair seats, tipping chairs, sitting on desk tops, or putting head down as if sleeping).
- Talk in class only at the direction of the teacher.
- Bottles of water (no pop, coffee, tea, etc.) may be used in class. A small snack may be eaten during third period if approved by the teacher. Snack must fit into a single sandwich ziplock bag.
- Students should take an appropriate book to read for individual enjoyment in every class.