• A student must be 15 years of age by June 4 to be eligible for the full driver training course.
• If a student is only taking the 6 hour driving instruction class then he/she must have an online drivers
training certificate of completion from an Indiana BMV approved provider in order to complete the
drivers education requirements.
This course is made up of two parts: a written section and a driving section. The written is
course is 30 hours and consists of 10 three hour classes. The driving course is 6 hours and consists of six one hour sessions.
• VERY IMPORTANT: State law mandates that students must be present for all 30 hours of classroom
instruction and 6 hours of driving instruction.
• Missed written or driving sessions will incur a $35 makeup fee.
• There are 24 spots available.
• All students will take the 10 day classroom section together. The classroom section will run from 5:00PM – 8:00PM on June 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 2:00PM- 5:00PM on June 6, 8, 13(for church and graduation conflicts)
• June 16 is a makeup class for students with conflicts.
• Students will be scheduled for driving sessions individually. Students cannot drive more than 1 hour a day.
• It is preferred if students partner up with those that have similar schedules to allow maximum benefit of two trips to Fort Wayne.
BMV Driving Skills Waiver Test
Lakewood Park Christian is now an approved site for administering the driving skills waver test. Once students have been through the Lakewood Park drivers training(at least the driving portion from LPCS) program and have completed their 50 hours (log provided for verification) of practice they can take the BMV Driving Skills Waiver test for an additional fee.
Feel free to contact instructor Andrew Baker with any questions you may have.
Cell phone: 260 920 4741 E-Mail: [email protected]org